In case you missed my I-changed-jobs-and-relocated-post, I am brand new resident of Houston. The Bayou City - hometown of things I adore - Beyonce, Shipley's Do-Nuts, Saint Arnold's Brewery, and the Galleria. Needless to say, I am in love with this city. What I didn't expect to find: a nerdy underbelly of tech-savvy, app-wielding search enthusiasts! A true marketing community with digital conferences, tweet-ups, and a foodtruck-catered 4sqday.
When SEOmoz announced they were hitting the road on MozCation, I knew I had to nominate H-town. All of this has happened in the month that I've been here:
- Fast Company honored Houston with City of Year
- Travel + Leisure declared Houston America's #1 Burger City
- Budget Travel Magazine touted Houston's diverse ethnic cuisine
- Rent.com names Houston Best City for Bachelors (meow)
- Robert Pattinson said Houston was his favorite city in America (suddenly Team Edward)
I would love to see "first official MozCation destination" added to this fabulous list. Please, SEOmoz, come to Space City. I want to go exploring with the Mozzers and Roger!
I think your Google search after reading this post should go something like...
If you would like to support Houston's bid for Mozcation - please tweet the following:
I nominate Houston http://seomz.me/k2u2PZ for an @SEOmoz #MozCation - More info here: http://seomz.me/mozcation